Health emergencies come out of nowhere and it is difficult to be prepared to handle them at the moment. However, cashless treatments will take at least one burden off your shoulders and help you focus on what’s important at that time for yourself and your family.
Cashless treatments can be used in two ways. It can either be used in times of medical emergency or can be used during planned treatments like surgery. In this article, we’ll talk about availing cashless treatments during emergencies.
Things to know before you go for cashless claims
Select a room as per, “the per day room rent limit” in your policy. All expenses will be proportionate to your room category in the hospital.
Make sure you are aware of the inclusions and exclusions of TnC to avoid any surprises at the claim stage.
Some hospitals take a deposit amount at the time of admission which will be refunded by the hospital once TPA settles the claim with the hospital.
Make sure you have copies of medical bills, lab reports, discharge papers, claim forms, and final settlement letters for your records.
1. To start with, find the nearby network hospital. Network hospitals are tied up with insurers that can provide cashless treatment. In case you are not able to find a network hospital that suits your requirements, you can always file for reimbursement. Check out how to file a reimbursement claim?
2. Go to the Pazcare dashboard or Pazcare mobile app to search for the network hospital. Here’s a detailed article on how to check network hospitals.
3. Contact the TPA desk or enquire the hospital for cashless hospitalization. Submit the following documents.
E-card (Download from Pazcare app)
ID proof (Carry your original Adhar card)
Doctor’s prescription if any.
Reach out to us at this point. We’ll help you smoothen out the whole process.
4. They will share the documents with the insurers. Once the process is done, they will share the claim ID with you. This will take up to a maximum of 2 hours.
5. At the time of discharge, ask the hospital to initiate the final settlement once the discharge summary and final bill are generated. Now the insurer will review and approve as per terms and conditions. This process will take up to 2 hours.